Dojo Kun & Etiquette
- Seek Perfection of Character
- Do Your Best
- Refrain From Violence
- Be Faithful and Honest
- Be Respectful
- Your nails must be trimmed at all times.
- Long hair must be tidy and should be tied back
- Uniform must be of correct size: It should not be too small or too big. Sensei must be able to see your wrists and ankles. Uniform must be clean.
- Do not bring your toys and any item that is irrelevant to your karate training to the class. No playing around in the dojo at any time
- Be on time for classes. Children must be dropped and picked up on time
- If you arrive late, please wait and seek Sensei’s permission to join the class. However your attendance will not be counted
- A Karateka must always seek Sensei’s permission to leave or enter the dojo during class time
- Never forget to bring your gears to class
- Never sit idly before or after class
- Follow the manners before entering or leaving the dojo:
- a) Bow
- b) Leave your footwear by the door so they don’t get in the way
- If you bring valuables, always remember to take them. Management will not be responsible for any loss.
- No metallic headbands, pins, jewellery, watches etc should be worn during training.
- No extra pant underneath Karate trousers. You may wear a T-shirt underneath your Karate shirt, but it must be white. Club T-shirts are available to purchase.
- Where possible, inform your Sensei if you cannot make it to class. Three or more consecutive absence to the classes may affect your membership and promotions.
- If you are injured or sick and cannot perform well, please do not join the class.